- Does not need to be repaid
- Awards up to $750 for first year of undergraduate study
- Awards up to $1,300 for second year of undergraduate study
In order to be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen,
- be Federal Pell Grant-eligible during the same award year,
- be enrolled in a degree program on at least a half-time basis,
- be a first- or second-year student, or be a student in a certificate program of at least one year in a degree program at a two-year or four-year degree-granting institution,
- have not previously been enrolled in a program of undergraduate education (if you’re a first-year college student),
- have completed a rigorous high school program of study (after January 1, 2006 if a first-year student, and after January 1, 2005 if a second-year student), and
- have at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale as of the end of your first academic year (if you’re a second-year college student).
For more information
- Talk to your high school guidance counselor.
- Contact your college�s financial aid office.
- Call the U.S. Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID (433-3243).
- Visit the Student Aid on the Web Academic Competitiveness Grant page